Some saw them as the enemies of the civilized world, while some understood their pain and plight.
Native American Indians are an integral part of this genre of films. Western films have depicted native Americans in good as well as in dark light. Depends upon who’s writing the film.
Below is the list of top 20 native American Indians movies from western genre.
1. Dances with wolves (1990) by Kevin Costner
Read Little Big Man review here.
3. The last of Mohicans (1992) by Michael Mann
4. A man called horse (1970) by Elliot Silverstein
5. Cheyenne autumn (1964) John Ford
6. Broken arrow (1950) by Delmer Daves
7. Geronimo – An American legend (1993) by Walter Hill
8. Apache (1954) by Robert Aldrich
9. Flaming star (1960) by Don Siegel
10. 100 rifles (1969) by Tom Gries
11. The Indian fighter (1955) by Andre de Toth
12. The return of a man called horse (1976) by Irvin Kershner
13. Geronimo (1962) by Arnold Laven
14. Bury my heart at wounded knee (2007) by Yves Simoneau
15. Wind river (2000) by Tom Shell
16. Fort Apache (1948) by John Ford
17. I will fight no more forever (1975) by Richard T. Heffron
18. Battle of chief Pontiac (1952) by Felix E. Feist
19. Crazy Horse (1996) by John Irvin
20. The Stalking Moon (1968) by Robert Mulligan
: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in
Hi Patricia. Try ebay to the movies that you want thats where I brought my dad dvd from. I brought my dad Daniel Boone season 1 for his birthday
From Suzanne Bushell
What’s up,I read your blogs named “Top 20 Indian (Native Americans) Westerns | The Best Western Movies For All Cowboy-Movie Fans” daily.Your writing style is witty, keep up the good work! And you can look our website about love spell.
hi am looking for a movie called escape from sobibo during the world war do u have this in dvds or software would be great yuor side is hard to make through as i could not find anywhere to watch the movies my younger brother is a western series mentor and would really like get them as they are classsic movies hope will take my response in good way my email adress is martinmasinde19942gmail.com
You left out Black Eagle of Santa Fe. and A Run For The Arrow
Dancing with Kevin Costner absolutely horrendous.
The other movies are good.
But I can’t believe you put that movie as number one.
Absolutely loved dancing with wolves. I saw it in the theatre. Breathtaking. And a solid story and acting.
You are out of your God dig ol mind lady. The best and most authentic movie of all times.
any of these are not representative of Native communities or individuals – But Helen the judges, I am confident, are white. There are many comments by the Natives pointing out the negative and unreal impressions these films left on the minds of young and old white people.
Last of the Mohicans personal favorite…Honor Nobility Courage
i have enjoyed all the movies and wish you had more indian-cowboy ones on the list.The italians movies seem to be the best and wish you can offer some more in your repertoire.
I am looking for two classic western movies – 1) Union Pacific w/Joel McCrae (1939) and 2) The Ox-bow Incident w/Henry Fonda (1943). Do you have these in DVD (VHS would be fine also, if that is all you have). Your site is hard to manipulate through as I could not find anyway to view the movies. My husband is a western movie buff and would really like to get these two classics. By the way, if we want to order movies from your site, how do we go about it. Could not find any place to contact you or place an order. Anyway, a response would be appreciated so I know that you have received this comment, and to also answer my questions. My e-mail addie is firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE RESPOND!!!!!!
Patricia (Pat) Kennedy