Some saw them as the enemies of the civilized world, while some understood their pain and plight.
Native American Indians are an integral part of this genre of films. Western films have depicted native Americans in good as well as in dark light. Depends upon who’s writing the film.
Below is the list of top 20 native American Indians movies from western genre.
1. Dances with wolves (1990) by Kevin Costner
Read Little Big Man review here.
3. The last of Mohicans (1992) by Michael Mann
4. A man called horse (1970) by Elliot Silverstein
5. Cheyenne autumn (1964) John Ford
6. Broken arrow (1950) by Delmer Daves
7. Geronimo – An American legend (1993) by Walter Hill
8. Apache (1954) by Robert Aldrich
9. Flaming star (1960) by Don Siegel
10. 100 rifles (1969) by Tom Gries
11. The Indian fighter (1955) by Andre de Toth
12. The return of a man called horse (1976) by Irvin Kershner
13. Geronimo (1962) by Arnold Laven
14. Bury my heart at wounded knee (2007) by Yves Simoneau
15. Wind river (2000) by Tom Shell
16. Fort Apache (1948) by John Ford
17. I will fight no more forever (1975) by Richard T. Heffron
18. Battle of chief Pontiac (1952) by Felix E. Feist
19. Crazy Horse (1996) by John Irvin
20. The Stalking Moon (1968) by Robert Mulligan